Kauai Seascapes Nursery offers 5 varieties of areca palms for sale. Areca Palms are a native to Madagascar and belong to the Arecaceae family. A common sight to Hawaiian landscapes the Areca palm is versatile and easy to grow as a decorative plant, border, or privacy screen. It has gained the Royal Horticulture Society’s Award of Garden Merit because of its attractive nature. Adorned with fan-like branches and leaves it is also commonly known as the Butterfly Palm.
Areca Palms for Sale
Grows up to 13 ft tall. Enjoys partial shade. Produces colorful red and yellow fruit.
Areca Macrocalyx Red
Grows up to 12 ft. Does well in full sun or partial shade. Has attractive green and red crown-shaft with dark green leaves. Produces fruit that turn from yellow to red.
Grows up to 20-30ft tall and 8-10 ft wide. Enjoys full sun and possesses moderate drought and salt tolerance. **Special Wholesale Rates**
Grows up to 15 ft. Needs shade when young. Adult Palms grow well with more sun. Flashes light green, white ringed stems and dark green fronds. Flowers give off a lemon scent.
Areca Vestiara / Orange Crownshaft Palm
Grows up to 20-25 ft. Enjoys light shade and low wind. Fairly slow growing. This palm has a great variation in coloring and form. Possesses red to deep orange crownshaft, red to orange seeds, maroon to green leavees, usually suckering, but also solitary. It has small stilt roots.
Areca Palm Planting and Care Tips
- Arecas do best in slightly acidic soil between 6.1 and 6.5.
- Amend the soil with peat to lower the pH or lime to raise the pH.
- Add compost.
- Areca Palms enjoy being planted in bright, indirect light or partial shade in well draining soil.
- Amend the soil with sand to improve drainage.
- Plant individual palms 1-5ft apart and clumps 10ft apart.
- Be sure to water frequently.
- Fertilize in the spring with a slow-release palm specific fertilizer.
- Trim damaged or brown fronds as needed, cutting back to the trunk with pruning shears.